Back to Blog

White House officially blames North Korea for massive ‘WannaCry’ cyberattack

December 20, 2017

By: Sikur

By Eli Watkins, CNN

wannacry.jpg

White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert said Monday the United States

believes North Korea was behind the “WannaCry” cyberattack earlier this year.

“After careful investigation, the US today publicly attributes the massive ‘WannaCry’ cyberattack to North Korea,” Bossert wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.
He continued: “The attack was widespread and cost billions, and North Korea is directly responsible.”
The US has evidence for the claim, and the United Kingdom and Microsoft reached similar conclusions in their analyses of the attack, which plagued computers the world over in May, he wrote.
The UK’s Foreign Office attributed the attack to “North Korean actors the Lazarus Group.”
Foreign Office Minister, Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon, said the “indiscriminate” use of the WannaCry ransomware shows North Korean determination to “circumvent sanctions,” adding that the UK is determined to pursue those responsible for the attack “regardless of where it originates.”

Contact us

Safety is essential to your decision making. We are sure that our team can clarify any doubts. After all, we understand security.

contact@sikur.com

Follow us

Try SIKUR





Contact Us
First Name*
Last Name*
E-mail*
Mobile Number*
Company*
Country*
Tell us what do you need* ?
Products: Hold CTRL+Click to add more than 1.* ?
Comments
I agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.